Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Chemotherapy Treatment with Temodar, oligoastrocytoma, 1p/19q deletion
Is it October already? I haven't written a post in sooo long. I can't believe that it has been a full year since my second brain surgery. Maybe that's why I've been reflecting on things. I'm going to brief. The pathology report from the tumor showed it to be an oligoastrocytoma with 1p/19q deletion. That is great news. It indicates that the remaining tumor cells are chemo-sensitive to the drug temozolomide, brand name Temodar. I began taking Temodar in February. My doctor has me on a 5/23 cycle. That means I take the drug for 5 days in a row, and then I am off of it for 23 days. I take the tablets orally at home. I am two weeks in to my 9th cycle. The plan is for me to do 18 cycles. (Yay! Half way there.) The main side effect that I am having is fatigue. Did I mention that I am suffering from fatigue? I occasionally have nausea, but anti-nausea medicine works well for that. I will fill in the blanks sometime soon, but I wanted to get this update out. Someone told me that they were really worried since they hadn't heard anything, and they were afraid to ask. Sorry 'bout that!
Labels:
1p/19q,
oligoastrocytoma,
recurrent brain tumor,
temodar,
temozolamide
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment