Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Getting Ready

Well, my surgery is tomorrow. Today I am relaxing and getting things together for being at TGH for a few days. I am trying to get things set so that Gramp and Grandma can hold down fort...school, soccer, playdates, meals, etc. I know they'll be fine (even if it's not how I would do it...they don't even have to tell me. ;-) 

I am reminding myself to trust my doctor and the Tumor Board at TGH that this is the best path for treatment. I've been doing lots of breathing exercises and meditation. I truly feel I am in a good place for this. Nicholas told me last night that I am definitely less stressed than I was a few days ago. It was really funny at the time, but good to hear.

My surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am, so I need to be there at 5:00 am. (Nice!) Seriously though, I am definitely glad it's the first surgery of the day for my surgeon. I think it is expected to take about 4 hours, and the PA told me that their goal is to get me out of the hospital within 72 hours.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. That energy is helping me keep the anxiety away! I feel so fortunate to be surrounded and supported by love. (That's you!)

I hope to have someone post an update soon after the operation.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sending you heaps of love! Thinking of and praying for you all morning.

Beth

Michael Kilgore said...

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers, Emily. You are one of the most positive, sweetest people I know. I’m visualizing you healthy and happy and tumor free.
Miss you,
Kathleen