Monday, March 17, 2008

Thanksgiving

The day before Thanksgiving 2007~~ I was ready for the feast! I prepared my traditional casseroles and secret family recipes, cleaned the house, set the table, and charted out the cook times for everything. I wanted to be all set when I woke up on Thursday morning. Somehow, accomplishing all the things I just listed in one simple sentence took me until 2:00 am. That's not totally out of character for me, as I've always been a night owl--finding inspiration in the wee hours of the morning. Anyway, around 3:30 am I remember being in the middle of the bedroom thinking, "I can't breathe, and I can't speak!" I must have fallen to my knees because I remember thinking, "I have to wake Jeff up," so I banged on the floor with my hand. That's the last thing I remember until I was in the rescue squad being quizzed by the EMS guy. He asked me if I knew what holiday it was (big hint, right?), and I didn't know. I do remember feeling stumped. He also asked me if I was always so cheerful! ha! ha! Back to the story, well fortunately, Jeff did wake up, and he found me convulsing on the floor. Afterwards I was rigid and unresponsive. Immediately, he called 911. When the EMS people arrived I was trying to get up, but Jeff wanted me to stay put. After they talked to us (I was out of it), they put me on a gurney, took me to the vehicle, and finally drove to the ER at the hospital. Apparently, this was a Grand mal seizure.

No comments: